The Detroit Free Press is reporting that production of the 2014 Chevy Silverado is off and running. Now it’s only a matter of time before the completely re-designed trucks arrive to our Cedar Rapids location.
Production began Monday at a plant in Mexico, and further production will begin soon at plants in Michigan and Indiana.
According to reports, the 2014 Sierra 1500 Crewcab is being built first, with production of different models coming later.
The 2014 Silverado is going to be one of the most capable, comfortable, and versatile trucks on the market. It has three new all-new engines, including the 5.3L V8, which will get the best fuel-economy for a V8 engine in the segment.
Take a look at the engine options in the 2014 Chevy Silverado:
- 4.3L V6 – Best torque in class among V6 engines
- 5.3L V8 – Best fuel economy in class among V8 engines
- 6.2L V8 – Expected to be the most powerful light duty pickup.
The Silverado’s new engines will bring an excellent blend of three sophisticated technologies into every 2014 Silverado:
- Direct Injection: Precisely delivers fuel into the combustion chamber allowing for better torque and power while improving fuel-economy.
- Variable Valve Timing: Optimizes the camshaft timing to improve low RPM torque and high RPM horsepower.
- Active Fuel Management: Increases fuel-economy by seamlessly deactivating cylinders during low-demand situations, such as cruising down the highway or waiting at a stoplight.
Cedar Rapid Best Choice for the 2014 Chevy Silverado
These systems help make the 2014 Silverado one of the most innovative trucks to ever hit the highway.
If you are interested in driving a 2014 Chevy Silverado, you can call Pat McGrath Chevyland today at 888-406-6073. Call and learn more about the 2014 Silverado, including expected arrival time. We can help you be one of the first people in the country to drive this incredible truck, so give us a call now!
If you can’t wait for the 2014 model, stop out and take a free test drive in any of our current Silverado trucks.